Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2 lil' Artists

I am totally loving the sketches at The Scrappiest Blog. I don't know what it is about them, but my pages turn out wonderfully- at least I think they do. LOL and that is all that really matters- that I am happy with them.

Anyway, here is my latest page done with the sketch #48 from the Scrappiest Blog. All patterned papers are from Fancy Pants. I am also using it for the challenge at Candy Shoppe Designs which is to use your newest scrappy goodie. The thickers are brand new, got a box of them on Monday.

Anyway, I love these two pictures of the girls. And not because of what they are doing, but because I remember that day perfectly. We had just put an offer in on a house the day before (or maybe two days before) and they counter offered. We weren't sure that we want to counter their counter, because the house next door was also for sale, at a much much much lower price. However the house next door needed some TLC, like a new kitchen. So while they were painting I was making phone calls trying to figure out how much a new kitchen would cost and if we could get into the other again.

Well we did get into the other house and we put an offer on it. And months later we are living there. So you see, the pictures show my "2 lil' artists," but the story behind the pictures is what makes me smile. And that is what is on the journaling card that is tucked away but peaking out with ribbon.

5 comments:

  1. That turned out sooo cute! I'm glad you found us!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fabulous, and you are right, Liz's sketches are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, this is one awesome LO. I love the doodles on the circle!
    Cupcake@CSD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout and the wonderful story that goes with it. thanks for sharing with us at Candy Shoppe Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. doodling is one of my favorites-love it combined with the circle!

    KitKat @ Candy Shoppe Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means more than you can imagine.