Thursday, April 15, 2010

Some Quotes- altered card board

The new challenge is up at My Scrapbooking Supplies. It is to use this spring picture as inspiration.I loved the colors of it, the vines across and the texture of the background. So I decided to alter a piece of cardboard from an old cardboard box. I peeled the top layer from the box and then painted it white. I used another piece of cardboard, cut it into strips, painted it pink and then made the frame.

I wasn't sure what to put inside of it, but my youngest Gracie helped, by dumping this little lunchbox die cut holder all over the floor. (Thanks C-Bear.) As I was picking it up, I noticed all these quotes, (seriously I had had this box for years and never looked in it). I thought the colors were wonderful and they were worked perfectly with this thing I was creating. It was at that point I decided to make it a wall hanging.

Then I adhered the quotes but wanted to do more. So I took all the quotes off and distressed the cardstock inside the frame. Then added the quotes back.

At this point I was about done, but really wanted the viney look. I have no twine, or anything, but I do have embroidery thread. So I took some, dipped it mod-podge and hung it to dry. One it was nice and stiff, I crisscrossed and used glue dots to stick it down. To cover the glue dots, I added the little butterflies, and here you have it.


Remember there is a prize if you play along. It is a big one this time, and here is the list of stuff you get

The Prize

Spring Card Kit

4 6x6 Making Memories Flutter sheets

2 6x6 DCWV spring sheets

2 6x6 Pink and Lavender Cardstock sheets

2 6x5 Pink and Lavender Cardstock sheets

2 51/2 x 4 card bases envelopes included

2 4feet American Crafts Spring ribbon

1 clear stamp set clear stamping block inculded

1 package of Making Memories Tiny alpha white

1 package of Recollections spring pearls


Rules

  • Design a layout of card using the photo above for your designs inspiration.
  • Up load your design link to Mr. Linky by April 30th 12pm Midnight CST. (on the main MSS site)
  • Leave comment saying hi and letting us know that you will be playing with us this week.
Hope that you will join us in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means more than you can imagine.