Thursday, February 25, 2010

so young- sketchy thursday

So I feel like I am becoming a pack rat. I see things and think, "I can't throw that away, I can use it on a page." I did that with the bag some onions came in. I like the mesh netting and thought it would be perfect. So I stowed it away. Lately I have been cooking up some things to do with it. And I thought,"how cool would it be to cut and then paint over it. The little blocks would look so cool." Well I did that, but then removed it from the cardstock. The paint was too thick. Then I saw that sketch for this weeks Sketchy Thursday and thought the mesh painted would look so neat with this sketch. Then I saw a recipe challenge (paint, staples, and chipbaord) on Sketches! {by tamara} and combined the two. And this is what I got

Now the bag was actually a pinkish red. I added some blue paint and it turned it a fun shade of blue/lavender. But some of red still shows up. The chipboard flower is Basic Grey. Simple layout yes, but I like it.

The journaling is tucked away but reads "when I look at this picture all I can think is how young we look. We really weren't that young. But we weren't married and had no kinds. Life was so different. But I wouldn't trade that for now."

7 comments:

  1. Love the layout. what a great idea with the painted onion bag. Thanks for playing with us at Sketches! {by tamara}.

    {tamara}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a great way to use the onion bag. Jon looks so different! A gorgeous couple then, and now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I cannot believe I have found SOMEONE ELSE other than me that had the SAME THOUGHT about the red mesh onion bag! LOL I have a little baggie with a few... LOL I am amazed. :-) (I am also a packrat, so this may be just the beginning for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a while to get to the right place from Sketches! Great layout - I like it when people can use found items and make them into a layout or embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ana,
    This is a beautiful layout and you do look really young!
    What a cool find and great "green" layout.
    Your blog is really nice.
    See you around the blog hop!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea....love the painted onion bag! So very creative! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! That is a sweet picture showcased with great colors and techniques!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means more than you can imagine.