Friday, July 9, 2010

35 bringing fun back

Well today is my birthday. I am 35. I know it is silly, but I have had a really hard time with this birthday. I was so happy to finally turn 30, but 35, sheesh. I think it has to do with what was happening when I was turning 30. Now I look back and compare what was going on five years ago and what is going on now. Don't get me wrong, I love my life. I am happy being a stay at home mom and I have a wonderful husband, and a great house- needs work, yes, but great none-the-less. I just feel like I have something somewhere. And I have lately realized what I have lost.

FUN. I have lost fun.

Don't get me wrong, cleaning the house, changing diapers, picking up toys, doing endless laundry, and things like that have their place. They are the chores of life, right? But they can be devoid of fun. So I have decide that this year of my life I am going to bring fun back. Yep, you heard me right. I am going to somehow bring fun back into my life. And here is the page I made to commemorate this event.


Two challenges for this. First the sketch is Sketchy Thursday's. I changed it up a bit, but . . . and second Dixie Pieces has a challenge to celebrate yourself as the birthday girl.


PP and floral border are Webesters Pages. Lace is May Arts. Pearls are Queen and Co. Bling is Zva and rub on is Basic Grey.

13 comments:

  1. gorgeous page! do you have a plan for the fun? I think it is an awesome goal! you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Ana! That's a really great picture of you. LOVE this page- especially that rose trim. I've got some in brown that I haven't decided how to use yet ;-) Hope this year is ridiculously fun for ya!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Love your layout! Those ribbon flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday and your page is awesome! I love everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute :) Love the rose ribbon! You could send this to Scrap Tiffany since the topic this week is self portrait ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, and good for you! Live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I hear ya about losing the fun factor! Keep us posted on the things you do to bring a little spice to life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Beautiful!!!
    Hope you had a splendid one...
    i love the trims you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this page (and happy birthday!) The photo & colors are great-- and that trim is so luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful page. I like that you hand journal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your LO, it's so pretty.
    Happy birthday for last Friday. My little girl was 11 on the same day : )
    I turned 35 this year and felt the same too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy {belated} Birthday!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your 35th attitude!!! IT IS AWESOME!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo too!! I love love love love the colors, the title...and that floral ribbon!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh, what a SMALL scrap world we live in... :) Thanks for hopping with the DOllies... I was over here just gonna drop some love as a thank you for playing at our hop, and lo and behold, THIS layout... :) I JUST lifted this one for the Scrapbook Challenges ning! :) How cool... Love it, and love your style! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means more than you can imagine.