Wednesday, July 7, 2010

sassy lil' sketches July Guest Spot

I am the July Guest Designer for Sassy Lil' Sketches and I am so pleased to have been chosen, that I will forgive them for spelling my name incorrectly ;) I had so much fun with the sketch they sent me. (so did Gracie, who decided to "help" me by getting a marker and scribbling all over the bottom of the page forcing me to figure out how to cover it up, so . . . ) Anyway, I really wanted to do a page about our first real Christmas tree. Before this year we always had a fake one. But since we were in a new house (our kitchen had just been completed 10 days before Christmas) we wanted to have a real tree. And man what a difference a real tree is. The sketch that the Sassy Ladies sent me was prefect for my pictures.

So here is the sketch


And here is my page. I turned the pieces of pp on the side.



And stop by Sassy Lil' Sketches and try your hand at the sketch. They have some great sponsors this month.

5 comments:

  1. I always love how you get that journaling in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout. Nothing is better than the smell of a real tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Guest DT and wonderful work with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great take on the sketch! love the pp combined with the felt borders!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means more than you can imagine.