Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday Reveals

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a great holiday weekend (well for those of you in the US anyway.) This is our first 4th in the new house and we were quite happy that we had a view of two fabulous firework displays from our front yard. To the right we could see the national firework display and to the left the Washington Country Club display. In years past at our old house their was a view of the Washington Monument and so our neighborhood had a big block party. But it was crowded and it was hard to really see things with all the people there. And we couldn't see it from our house. Now we are a bit closer, the view not quite as good- no Washington Monument- but we could see the display and there was no crowds. Not bad, IMO.

Anyway on to my reveals. In the spirit of the 4th, Scrap it with a Song, has chosen "America, the Beautiful" as its song. Even if you are not an American, the lyrics are full of powerful images and colors to choose from. I chose to go the patriotic route and use some pictures from last year's 4th. My mother in law always gets the girls coordinating outfits in red, white and blue. I am not big on dressing my children alike, but . . . whatcha going to do? So . . . here it is



This week's winner will get a goodie bag from Nikki Silvis. So, if you want to play do so. You have until Sunday July 11th at noon, CDT to play.

Oh and Scrap it with a Song, is having a DT call. If you are interested check out this link.


Now on to Nuts About Sketches. Here is this weeks sketch


Such a wonderful two pager. I took a lot of photos of this awesome park near my parents house while we were visiting a few weeks ago. It is the same park that I grew up playing in, except there are a ton of new playthings to play on. I mean it is SO nice. So nice, that my girls are still asking to go to "granddads park." Unfortunately granddads park is a 6 hour car trip, so we won't be going any time soon. So here it is,


Have a good week everyone. I am going to try to play a bit and get some new pages posted this week. It is my birthday week, so I will get some me-time in. (I will be 35 on Friday, eek!)

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Those pics in the first one are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LOs! Your kids look cute in their matching outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means more than you can imagine.